Planet Saturn and Lapis Lazuli


On Saturday, I took advantage of the mild weather to visit Mother Ocean and activate both my magic amulets and raw components for future works. Saturday is ruled by the planet Saturn, whose traditional Vedic (see next link) gem is blue sapphire or lapis lazuli.

Saturn is a powerful planet. He is slow-moving, cold, dry, heavy, dark, and diligent. He teaches us life lessons of karma, perseverance, and lawful action. Saturn’s role in Vedic astrology is beautifully elucidated by the amazing Barbara Pijan here.

Above: Infinite Serenity Amulet

Most of the amulets I took with me had lapis lazuli as a component (the others had amazonite, which I’ll write about separately). To me, lapis lazuli as a Saturn stone is not connected with lush, green places, or with heat and flame, but with places that are powerful in their intensity and desolation. And what place is deeper, wilder, and less habitable than the sea? NASA not having returned my email requesting a quick space jaunt, I went to invoke the ocean, on a Saturday, while the planet Saturn was in the sky.

Photo credit: Victor Savino

I invoked the energies of earth, sky/Saturn, flame/sunset, and ocean, and requested that their power make my stones effective in their intended purposes. The amulet Inanna Descending I buried for some time in the sand before anointing the lapis lazuli in the water.

Photo credit: Victor Savino

The weighty wisdom and infinite patience of Saturn, as crystallized in lapis lazuli, allow us to endure and transcend chaotic, painful, and nightmarish situations, receiving from them the lessons and growth we require while remaining unshaken or at least undestroyed.




My work including magical lapis lazuli amulets is here.

Comments

Popular Posts