Rose Quartz and Heart-Awareness

First, color! Rose quartz is pink, and to us the color pink is powerfully linked with love, tenderness, charm, delicacy, and the heart.

Above: Love Right Now! Amulet


The feminine associations with pink are actually fairly recent, but some fascinating research has been conducted on the calming, aggression reducing, psychological effects of this color. David Byrne explores the topic of pink and summarizes the research elegantly here. 

Rose quartz itself is said to aid in all matters of the heart. It is a nourishing, compassionate, stone of love on all levels, from divine love to physical lovemaking. It is also associated with enhancing beauty, inner radiance, and charm.








My mother had two bookends made from rose quartz, polished on the book-side and bottom but otherwise rough. They were cool to the touch and I remember being drawn to them and running my little hands over them. She always told me that “the angels dance on rose quartz”; my intuition has since developed and I am convinced of it.

I use rose quartz often in my jewelry.


 Above: Domestic Bliss Amulet


In my experience, heart energy and heart openness is always compatible with whatever you are doing; there is never a reason to shut the heart off and many reasons to keep the heart open.

The heart is directly connected with the higher self, that wise and loving intelligence whose guidance is always available to us. The intellectual, problem solving, “little mind” should always turn towards and listen to the heart.

I find that by consciously taking a deep breath and putting my attention on my heart’s physical location (in my chest, if you’re taking notes), I receive great gouts of useful information I would otherwise miss. I learn how I am feeling, how my body is feeling or wants to move, and I see my environment with keen intuition and compassion.



Above: Love Right Now! Earrings


This is appropriate at any time, in any situation. The pleasure of simple animal well-being is always being conducted through the body, but we need the heart to tell us of it. Both important intuitive messages and a deep pervading sense of all-is-well are clearly visible to me when I take a moment to “tune into” or “get back into” or even (after a trying day) “crack open” the heart.

When I was working in an office (read “suffering”), my main focus became living in my heart, which translated to living in the moment, releasing the “story” of suffering in favor of organic, ever-changing emotion and physical awareness. I found I was more open to new experiences, made wiser choices, was less a prisoner of fears and expectations, and recovered more quickly from intense experiences.

Wear rose quartz as a marvelous reminder to dip into the heart in this way. Heart-awareness is extraordinarily empowering, offering transformation in a single breath.

Comments

Popular Posts